0161 772 3382

School Trip Travel Insurance, School Group Holiday Insurance

School Group Travel Insurance

We understand how important safety outside the classroom is. That’s why we offer travel insurance for school groups, that includes personal liability cover up to £2 million for the student and £5 million personal liability cover for the teacher, so students and teachers can sit back, relax and enjoy their trip away.

Why choose us for your school trip travel insurance policy?

Cover4Insurace is partnered with a provider that offers School Trip Travel Insurance that is easy to purchase and straight forward for Teachers and Organisers to arrange.

Please Note: Policies are only eligible for UK residents/schools 

We offer: 

  • Instant quotes and cover.
  • No requirement for lists of pupils and dates of birth, only the lead travellers name and date of birth is needed.
  • Only need number of pupils and adults travelling on the trip.
  • Many Sports and Activities can be included, including Winter Sports.
  • Option to download an invoice or pay policy premiums by credit card.
  • Cover trips up to 22 days 
  • Cover both European or Worldwide trips
  • Medical expenses: Medical expenses included for each child and group leader up to £10,000,000 per person.
  • Personal possessions: Cover for theft, loss or damage to your possession you take on the school group up to £1,000 per person.
  • Medical support: 24-hour multi-lingual support helpline for medical emergencies meaning you always have access to English speaking support.
  • Group leader money: Accidental loss or theft of group money is included up to £500
  • Liability cover: £2 million of personal liability cover (per student), which is extended to £5 million for each teacher and includes liability to their students.
  • Cancellation/Curtailment: Cancellation or curtailment cover: for all individuals in the group up to £1,500 per person.
SectionSum Insured Per Person
CancellationUp to £1,500
CurtailmentUp to £1,500
Medical & Repatriation ExpensesUp to £10,000,000
Dental Limit£250
Personal Accident
Death 0-17 Years£1,500
Death 18-65 Years£5,000
Death 66-75 Years£1,500
Loss of Limb£10,000
Permanent Total Disablement£10,000
AbandonmentUp to £1,500
Personal BaggageUp to £1,500
Group EquipmentUp to £1,000
Single Item Limit£150
Valuable Limit£150
Student MoneyUp to £150
Group Leaders MoneyUp to £500
Loss of PassportUp to £200
Personal LiabilityUp to £2,000,000
Teachers LiabilityUp to £5,000,000
Rental Accommodation£100,000
Legal ExpensesUp to £25,000
Policy Excess£50
Section Sum Insured Per PersonExcess
(1) Wintersports

Ski Equipment£500£50
Single Article Limit£250£50
Ski Hire£50 per day up to £250£0
Delayed Ski Equipment£150£0
Ski Pack£400£0
Piste Closure£25 per 24 hours up to £500£0
Avalanche Closure£250 per 24 hours up to £500£0
(2) National Catastrophe

Additional Expenses£150 per day up to £1,500£50
Replacement Accommodation£150 per day up to £1,500£50
Travel Delay£25 per 12 hours up to £250£0
(3) Terrorism

Cancellation/Curtailment Up to £2,000£50
Pre-Booked Excursions£250£50
(4) Search and RescueUp to £50,000£50

The travel insurance for school groups policy provides cover for those taking part in sporting, recreational and other activities. Some activities can be included at standard rates whilst others, due to the higher risk of injury, can be covered at an additional premium.

Sports and Activities automatically covered:

AerobicsAngling (not open water)Animal Sanctuary (no big game)
ArcheryAssault Courses (no high ropes)Athletics (track & field)
BadmintonBamboo Rafting (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land)Banana Boating
BaseballBasketballBeach Games
Blade SkatingBoard Sailing (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land)Body Boarding/Boogie Boarding  (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land)
KayakingRiver Rafting (including white water rafting up to grade 3) Catamaran Sailing (inland waters only)
Clay Pigeon Shooting Climbing Wall (indoor up to 25 metres)Cricket
CroquetCross Country RunningCurling
Cycling (but not stunt or race BMX and mountain bikes)DancingDinghy Sailing (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land)
Dragon Boat RacingFell Walking, Rambling and TrekkingFishing (not open water), Sea Fishing
FootballFrisbeeFruit or Vegetable Picking (under 3 metres)
Glass Bottom BoatsGoalballGolf
GymnasticsHandballHobbie Catting (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land) European Waters
Hockey (not ice)Horse Riding (no polo, hunting or jumping)Ice Skating (ring only)
Jet BoatingJoggingKite Boarding
Kite Surfing Laser TagNetball
Non-Manual LabourOrienteeringPaint Balling
Parascending (towed by boat)Rafting, Canoeing and Kayaking (including white water up to grade 3)Pilates
Pony TrekkingPower Boating (non-competitive)Rackets
RacquetballRiver PuntingRoller Skating/Blading
RoundersRowingSafari/Safari Trekking (not involving the use of firearms)
Scuba Diving (up to 18 metres)Segway (supervised)Skateboarding/Scooters
Snooker, Pool and BilliardsSnorkellingSoftball
SurfingSwimming (inside marked areas with a lifeguard/supervisor present)Swimming with Dolphins
Table TennisTheme ParksTrampolining
Trekking/Walking/Hiking/Rambling (in a group) up to 1,000 metresTubingTug of War
VolleyballWakeboardingWater Parks (with a lifeguard/supervisor present)
Water PoloWater-Skiing (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land)Windsurfing (only in inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit of land)
Yachting, Boating, Sailing and Rowing (inshore)

You can also purchase additional cover to your school trip travel insurance policy for the sports listed in Category B or C below

Category B

Breathing Observation Bubble (BOB) up to 18 metresBungee Jump (excludes Personal Accident cover)Camel/Elephant Riding
Charity Rallies (No Racing) -Sole PurposeCycle Touring -Sole PurposeDeep Sea Fishing
Dog SledgingFarm Work (manual, excluding the use of powered machinery)Fencing
FivesFlying a Private Plane or Small AircraftFlying as a Passenger in a Private Plane or Small Aircraft
Go Karting (specific use) up to 250ccGorilla Trekking - Sole PurposeHiking (between 2,000 and 3,000 metres altitude) 
Hot Air BallooningHydro ZorbingKayaking European waters only
Manual Work (ground level only - no machinery)Motorcycling (over 50cc - no racing) as a rider or passenger when wearing a helmet, provided the rider holds an appropriate UK Motorcycle licence to ride the motorcycleMountain Biking (casual, not endurance, downhill or racing)
Passenger SledgeQuad Biking (no racing) under 125cc as a rider or passenger when wearing a helmet, provided the rider holds an appropriate UK licenceRap Jumping (within organiser's guidelines)
Scuba Diving (between 18 and 30 metres)Sea Canoeing/Kayaking (inland waters only, European waters only)Trekking (between 1,001 and 3,000 metres altitude)
via ferrataWhite Water Canoeing/Rafting (Grade 4)Wind Tunnel Flying

Category C

AbseilingAmerican FootballAnimal Sanctuary
Archaeological DiggingBoxing (+AMC)Canyoning 
CavingDevil KartingDirt Boarding
Farm WorkFell Running/WalkingGaelic Football
Glacier SkiingHiking (between 3,000 and 6,000 metres attitude)- Sole PurposeHorse Jumping
HurlingIce FishingKayaking -Sea (within coastal waters)
Kendo (training only)LacrosseManual Work (including the use of light handheld machinery)
Martial Arts (training only)Motor Cycling over 125cc. Must have a full clean licence and be over the age of 25 years as a rider or passenger when wearing a helmetOctopush/Water Hockey
Off Piste Skiing (with a professional guide on designated pistes within the resort)Outdoor Endurance EventsParachuting
ParaglidingParascending (over land)Roller Hockey
RugbyShark Diving (cage)Shinty
Sail BoardingSand BoardingSand Dune Surfing/Skiing 
Sand YachtingSkiing (cross country)Snow Go-Karting up to 125cc
Snow ParascendingSnow ScootingSnow Tubing
Snow ZorbingSnow KittingSnowcat Driving
Snowcat SkiingTree Top Canopy WalkingTrekking (between 3,000 and 6,000 metre altitude)
White Water Canoeing or Rafting (Grade 5 to 6)Yachting (racing /crewing) - outside Coastal waters but within European waters - Sole Purpose

In the event of a Medical Emergency abroad, you can call our Emergency Medical Assistance service.They provide a year round, 24 hour a day service with multi-lingual coordinators and medical specialists.

Yes, our school travel insurance policy can cover your schools skiing trip,you just need to select the Winter Sports optional cover in the booking process. This will then cover the students and teachers for Skiing,snowboarding, ice skating, big foot skiing, cross country / Nordic skiing, dry slope skiing, sledging, snowboarding, snow kiting and snow shoeing.

Cover under the school travel insurance policy will also be extended to include the following covers 


Sum Insured Per Person

Ski Equipment£500 £50
Single Article Limit£250£50
Ski Hire £50 per day up to £250£0
Delayed Ski Equipment£150£0
Ski Pack£400£0
Piste Closure£25 per 24 hours up to £500£0
Avalanche Closure£250 per 24 hours up to £500£0

 Get a quote for school skiing trip insurance 

If your School Group is taking part in a amateur tournament we can provide a travel insurance policy for these types of school trips, so if your participation in a tournament for Rugby, Football or Netball for example give us a call of click here for a quote for travel insurance for school trips

There needs to be at least 1 adult for every 10 kids under the travel insurance for school trips.

We have updated our Cookie Policy and our Privacy policy. Cookies are used to ensure we provide the best customer experience. Continued use of this website assumes your acceptance of these policies.