0161 772 3382

International Students Insurance

Possessions Insurance

With our student contents & possessions insurance, which can include: burial costs/repatriation of the body or emergency medical repatriation of the student, we can make international students feel more secure and at ease, whist studying in the UK.

Our insurance for students cover provides students with essential protection such as:

  • Personal Possessions Within The Insured Address (includes desktop computer equipment) — up to £14,000. Please Note: This is a compulsory cover – please select a sum insured.
  • Landlords Property | Tenants Liability — up to £5,000
  • Liability For Rented Household Goods — Item Limits Apply
  • Replacement Locks and Keys — up to £50
  • Credit Cards — up to £500
  • Personal Money — up to £50
  • College/University/School/Educational Establishment Property On Loan — up to £250
  • Accidental Death or Redundancy Of A Financially Supporting Parent Or Guardian — up to £5,000
  • Legal Liability — up to £1,000,000

With optional extensions such as:

  • International Student Repatriation Cover — up to £5,000.
  • Laptop, iPads & Portable Computers | Room Only: Cover Within The Insured Address — up to £3,500.
  • Laptop, iPads & Portable Computers | Cover Anywhere Within The UK — up to £3,500.
    Please note: “Laptop, iPads & Portable Computers | Room Only: Cover Within The Insured Address” must also be selected with this option.
  • Accidental Damage — Item Limits Apply.
  • Accidental Damage to Landlords Property | Tenants Liability — up to £10,000.
  • Course Fees and Rental Protection — up to £20,000.
  • Mobile Phones | Cover Anywhere Within The UK — up to £1,500.
    Please note: The mobile phone must have been purchased within the UK.
  • Pedal Cycle | Cover Anywhere Within The UK (Within Europe For Up To 60 days) — up to £3,000.
  • Musical Instruments | Cover Anywhere Within The UK — up to £3,000.
  • Personal Accident & Criminal Assault — up to £50,000.
  • Photographic Equipment | Cover Anywhere Within The UK — up to £1,000.
  • Vacation Cover — up to £3,500
  • Legal Expenses — up to £30,000
  • Digital Download — up to £1,000
  • Examination and Coursework Cover — up to £250
  • Excess Protection Cover — up to 31,000.

Reasons to insure your possessions with cover4insurance.com

Tenants Liability — The policy come with an automatic cover of up to £5,000, for fire, theft and flood.

Accidental Damage to Landlords Property | Tenants Liability — Optional cover, up to £10,000, available to insure against fire, theft, flood and accidental damage to the landlord's fixtures, furniture and fittings.

New for Old Cover — In most cases the item will be replaced as new irrespective of their age and condition. A deduction may be made for wear and tear for clothing, rented household goods and college property on loan.

Low Claim Excess — You only ever pay the first £10 of any claim under this student contents insurance policy.

Walk In Theft Cover — Walk in theft is a standard inclusion to the student contents insurance policy; whereby no lock on your room is required & no forcible entry into your room has to occur for a theft to be covered.

14 day cooling off period — If you decide for any reason that the student possessions insurance policy does not meet your requirements within 14 days of purchasing your student insurance policy. We offer a full refund of your student contents insurance premium guarantee, if you decided to cancel, provided no claim has been made or pending.

Specialist Student Possessions Insurer — Our student contents insurance polices are designed exclusively for students.

Covers Shared Accommodation — Insuring your contents in multi let properties as well as single lets.

Who can take out Student Possessions Insurance?

The student possessions insurance is designed for all students studying within the United Kingdom at University or College who live in private rented accommodation or designated halls of residence, including shared accommodation.

To be eligible for student contents insurance, the policyholder should be aged over 18 years on a full or part time university or college course.

Policy Documents

It’s important that you read our Policy Documents to make sure you understand exactly what’s covered.

You can find out more about Students Contents Insurance in the documents below which you will also receive when you purchase our students contents & possessions insurance.

How to view the policy documents

The policy documents are available as PDFs. To view these documents you will need a PDF reader. Download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website or visit Access Adobe for help.

To view your documents, please click on the links below.

Policies Purchased after 01/08/2023 
Adobe PDF Policy Wording 
 Claims Form  
Adobe PDF Policy IPID  
Policies Purchased after 01/03/2023Policies Purchased up to 01/03/2023
Adobe PDF Policy WordingPolicy Wording Adobe PDF
 Claims Form Claims Form 
Adobe PDF Policy IPID Policy IPID Adobe PDF
Policies Purchased up to 30/09/2021Policies Purchased up to 01/03/2021
Adobe PDF Policy WordingPolicy Wording Adobe PDF
 Claims Form Claims Form 
Adobe PDF Policy IPIDPolicy IPID Adobe PDF
Insurance Product Information Document.


For all claims except Legal Expenses claims:

Please fill in a claims form:  Claims Form

Cover4students.com will deal with all claims. You must refer all correspondence and telephone enquiries to cover4students.com at the following address:

Cover4students Claims Team,

Stream Claims Services,

Copthall House,

King Street,

Newcastle under Lyme,

ST5 1EL.

Telephone: 0161 974 1101

Check your student's contents insurance policy to ensure that the cause of the loss or damage is covered. Your schedule will show which cover sections are operative.

Please include the following details:

  • Receipts, bills, valuations or repair estimates as appropriate for all claims for loss or damage.
  • Full details of accident or injury and early prognosis for personal accident claims.

All claims for theft or loss must be reported to the police.

For all Legal Expenses claims:

Legal Claims Notification & Advice Helpline Service: - 01384 887575

We will not accept responsibility if the Claims Notification and Advice Helpline Services fail for reasons beyond our control.

Information About The UK

Sometimes the simplest information can be the most useful. Therefore please see below some handy information about the UK.

Emergency Services — If you or someone else is in a troublesome situation you may need to call the emergency services. The number is 999 and is free from a UK telephone. The operator will ask if you require the police, fire brigade or an ambulance.

Electricity — The power supply in the UK is 240 volts. Our plug sockets have 3 squared pins. You may need an adapter if your electrical items are a 2 pin plug; these can be picked up from a number of stores.

Opening Hours — Most shops in the UK are open between 9am-5pm Monday – Saturday. Supermarkets tend to open for longer 9am-10pm Monday – Saturday with some even being 24 hour. Supermarkets on a Sunday are generally open 10am-4pm with most shops adopting a similar pattern. Office opening times are generally 9am-5pm.

Weights And Measures — UK roads are measured in miles and the speed is measured in miles per hour. Drinks are measured in pints but for shots we use millilitres. The weight of a person is generally measure in stones and ounces, however most other things are measured using the metric system. For example in a supermarket you would measure food in grams and drinks in litres and the temperature in Degrees Celsius.

We have updated our Cookie Policy and our Privacy policy. Cookies are used to ensure we provide the best customer experience. Continued use of this website assumes your acceptance of these policies.