0161 772 3382

Study From Home

At Home

Insurance away from home

Studying for your degree at home has many advantages, from the familiar surroundings and family support to the lower overall cost of your qualifications.

However there are still things that have to be considered such as insurance for possessions and gadgets that are to be carried outside of the home.

Leaving home?

If you are thinking of moving out of the family home to study you should consider your options, regarding isurance for students.

If you move into student halls of residence we can offer you possessions insurance whilst you are there. (Please follow the links below)

If you are moving into privately owned rented accommodation or sharing a rented house/flat then we can cover you as well with a student contents insurance policy. (Please follow the links bleow)

If you are joining a block halls scheme, which includes student contents insurance, check the links below to see if your university or accommodation provider is covered by one of our block halls schemes.


Insurance Options

Our student product insurance has been designed so that you can just cover your essential items if you do not wish to take out a full student possessions policy. Our options include:

  • Computer equipment anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
  • Tuition fees and rental protection up to £20,000.
  • Accidental damage up to £10,000 for audio equipment, camera equipment, computer equipment, games consoles, television, video and DVD players owned by you within your insured address.
  • Personal Accident cover up to £50,000.
  • Mobile phone cover anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
  • Pedal cycles cover anywhere within the UK up to £1,000.
  • Digital Download cover up to £2,000.
  • Examination and coursework cover up to £1,000.
  • Orchestral instruments anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
  • Musical instruments anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
  • Specified items anywhere within the UK up to £3,000.
  • Unspecified items anywhere within the UK up to £1,500.
  • Excess protection insurance cover up to £1,000.

We make it easy

You can get a student insurance quote in seconds; With a flat rating structure it means that it is the same rate wherever you live in the UK, whether that’s London, Cardiff, Edinburgh or Belfast its all the same. So in order to get a price all we need to know is the section you wish to insure and the amount of cover you require. Student insurance can be taken out instantly and policy documents will be emailed to you, we also offer a 14 day cooling off period, meaning if you decide for any reason that the student insurance policy does not meet your requirements, within the first 14 days after purchase. We offer a full refund of your student insurance premium if you decide to cancel provided no claim has been made or pending – so don’t delay, get cover today.

We have updated our Cookie Policy and our Privacy policy. Cookies are used to ensure we provide the best customer experience. Continued use of this website assumes your acceptance of these policies.